Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I wish....

.... that I could have a nice, tidy house and that neighbors just dropped in for coffee or to talk. I would love to have that kind of atmosphere, but for the life of me, I don't know how to make this happen.
*First, my house is a wreck, and I'm embarrassed to have anyone just drop by.
*Second, it makes me nervous to think about what I would talk about.

But, I think it's so fun to have people over! We used to be the place that everyone hung out at when we were first married. Jason's cousins always came over for hours of video games. But, as everyone got married, we stopped having tons of cars parked at our house on the weekends. When the girls had a lemonade stand, it was so fun to have lots of people to talk to.

I need some ideas.... Here's the site that got me thinking more about this. I've been wanting to do this for a while now.... http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/nbrcontent.do?contentType=cl&articleId=ar125
I need to do two things.... clean (I need suggestions on great places to donate clothes and toys. I would love to give them to someone who really needs them. ) . We have too much clutter. And, then, I need to find a way to make our place feel open to people to just drop by.

Does anyone have any practical ideas on what you would do to make this happen? Please leave a comment if you think of anything. :) Thanks!

No comments: