Monday, October 20, 2008

Fairytale Weekend...

I felt like a princess this weekend! My knight in shining armor rescued me from my not-always-so-exciting SAHM existence and swept me away to Cincinnati for a special 36 hours that I won't ever forget!! :)

Here's Kylie ready for her big sleep-over at Grandma and pa's:
As soon as Mommy was done snapping pictures, Daddy took
them off for their candy-filled, spoiled rotten, fun time!! :)

Put on your halos girls and be good- or else.... :)

On our way to Cincinnatti, we saw "Touchdown Jesus". This gives me a good laugh everytime I see it! I love this building. It's so cool! It was fun to dress up and be all girly! Lisa and I went shopping for dresses with her daughter a couple days before. It took us about 4 hours to get almost everything we needed. Jas went to get his suit the day of the wedding and was done in about 10 minutes! Guys have it so easy sometimes!
Braiden (right) home from Iraq for a little bit, Ellie (middle blonde hair), and Nicole (the bride) at the reception. Friends from Jas' work (Barry and Lisa)
Vicki and Jan sat at our table too (also from where Jas works)

They had salad, rolls, pasta salad, chicken, pork tenderloin with an awesome cherry wine sauce, and green beans. Then, there was cheesecake and a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!! Yummy!

Jas only thinks to take pictures when something embarassing happens to me. Here I am literally stuck in my dress. I had forgotten that it was all pinned so that stuff underneath wouldn't show. My arm was stuck in the air until he was finished taking pictures!

I GOT TO SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!!!

I went down for some coffee, and we sat and watched part of "A Night at the Museum". It was fun to be so lazy and to have so many tv channels!



If we would have checked, we would have found out that the
Steelers were playing the Bengals and could have gone!
We parked a ways back and walked to the place we would eat.

The houses in this area were beautiful! Many of them looked like
something from Germany. Jas and I like these tall ones too.

We were going to eat at a sushi place, but it was closed.
So, we wandered down the street and found this cute little diner!!

It was a tiny place that was started 80 years ago and looked German.
They made award-winning hamburgers.

There was a train that ran around the top.

The chilli fries tasted just like my mom's stuffed peppers... yum!

The entrance was so short.

Then, we stopped at IKEA on the way home!
It was so much fun, but I will tell about it in the next post!!

I used Syrin's newest kit Chilly Morning and Karen's Templates Vol.1 (Dagmar's LO) for this LO. Available @ Catscrap:

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Your weekend truly does sound special!! I'm so glad you had such a nice time and made some good memories! I love how you document it with so many pictures too! I'll have to try that sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

love all the pictures and you sound like you did when you were growing up with all the details. still love it. thanks for all the pics and the story to go with it. did the halos work????? granny1

Therese said...

Hi friend,

Everything OK? Great pictures, looks like a nice weekend.