Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cold Coffee

Have you ever had one of those days when you have heated your coffee five times but still not drank more than a couple sips? I finally finished the cup that I had been trying to drink all day- at about 5:00! :) October is such a pretty month, and I always get excited about doing so many things.... but inevitably allergies and colds seem to dash those plans. My poor dd got a temperature in the night and so I thought I'd better take her to the doctor. She has looked so miserable all day. Good news though- it wasn't a wasted trip! We got an antibiotic because she might have strep throat. I feel bad hoping that they are sick enough to get medicine, but it's frustrating to drag them out when they feel terrible just to be told that it's a virus and give them Tylenol. Here's a picture of my poor dd today. She just wanted to sit and snuggle.


My poor husband has been sick all week too. :( One good thing about the fall is that we usually get really close as a family because we're all cooped up, and we try to be extra nice to each other because we feel bad for the sickies. This morning was kinda crazy. Jas needed me to find a bank statement with our new account info, and I of course had thrown them into the trash. :) I had to pack a lunch because I was too lazy last night, dress the kids (and me), call the doctor, and run over to the school. The rest of the day continued in the same way- too fast. I love reading Gina Marie Huff's blog. She is so positive. I want to be positive like that. I have all these ideas of things that I would like to do to help people, but I am not really a leader. I wish that I was a little more brave or able to actually do all the things that I would like to do. I'm always scared of what people might think or that they might be offended. Like yesterday, I wanted to help Kylie's teacher, and I offered for the second time. Then, I felt like she might feel obligated to let me volunteer. I was worried about it a lot last night. So, this morning, I tried to explain that I just wanted her to know I was available but she didn't have to have me volunteer. I always make more of a mess by trying to help. Anyway, I think that's why I like this quote as my blog title. It's what I wish I was able to do. Here's the whole quote:


"Work as if you have no money. Love as if you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. And live everyday as if it were your last" -Anonymous



Here is my newest LO. For credits you can go to any of my galleries.





2 comments:

Calicam said...

Ang,

Great job on starting a blog! I really like that quote too. To love as if you've never been hurt...I've been learning that a lot this past year. That's what God does with us, and something I want to be able to do more.

Thanks for posting it!:)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Well written article.