Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thoughts...

Today, I read about Josiah (2 Chronicles 34). I need to read more about him to understand what all was going on. But, he was only 8 when he became king, and it says that when he was 16 (I think), he started seeking God and fixing up all the bad stuff in his land... I was thinking about how young he was and how much he could do for God even though he was young. I need to be really teaching our girls about God and what He wants them to do right now... They can be a huge influence even while they are little... And, I may not always be here... never know what could happen... I can't always think, "I could do that tomorrow." Now's the time...
And, mostly, I just need to be real and love God deeply myself... They will learn the most from watching to see if I live what I teach... I don't remember what my dad and mom said so much, but I do remember how they acted. I remember knowing that my dad was always up early studying the Bible in the basement. I knew that I could talk to them about God and expect an answer... (Actually, I still ask them questions.) So, I want to do the same for my kids!

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
-- Psalm 139:23-24

1 comment:

Jill said...

Such a great reminder...wise words to live by! Today is the day!