Saturday, May 9, 2009

For my mom...

Journaling:
I love this picture of you, Mom! You are so pretty! I wish that I could put into words how thankful I am for all you did and still do for me. The things you did as a mom will mostly go unrecognized, but I am so glad that you did them every day-over and over... You sacrificed your body, your dreams, your time, your sanity, and the things you loved to raise us. You spent hours cooking food that we would complain about. You took us to fun places knowing that we would often whine and ruin it for you. You made holidays special even when we wouldn’t realize and thank you for all that went into the preparation. You slept on the floor in our rooms when we were scared even though you would be tired the next day. You soothed us when we were sick knowing that we would be grumpy and mean to you. You listened to endless talking about whatever was on my mind even though you might have wanted to talk about your day too. You were interested in every friend or thing that I was into even though they might have been weird or uninteresting to you. You loved me even when I said terrible things to you and was embarrassed of you. You took care of me in the night even after I had my own family. You still listen to me and love me and are willing to try anything with me! You are an extraordinary person, and you deserve to be treated like a star... But, you are a mom and will never get the star treatment that you deserve here on earth... But, I want you to know that it was worth it! You are beautiful inside and out, and I love you, Mom!!! xoxo -May 9, 2009
(credits: mostly from the Awakening Collab by TaylorMade, Ida, and Scarlettheels @ Catscrap... Also Charmed and From the Heart by TaylorMade)

2 comments:

granny1 said...

Thank you sweetheart. You give way to much credit. I love you dearly and I know some of the things you are dealing with right now. You are a wonderful mom and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Thank you for the beautiful page and I love the picture also. I am very proud of you.

Love your Mum

Annika said...

Ok...I needed tissues when I first read the journaling over at Catscrap...and now, I need tissues when I read your moms answer *lol*, do you think I am a softy or what???