Monday, June 15, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday Moms Rock!!!

I just have to say, when I start looking at the tins on Monday (or whatever day we end up doing ours), I get so side-tracked! These moms are awesome resources for cool ideas! I love what people come up with, and we usually end up doing something fun because of it!

Here's something that I found today Apple Pie in a Jar!
I think I would do cherry and could make an apple crisp or something so that it would be lighter in fat (using Splenda brown sugar and sugar free pie filling). I love that she puts a ribbon on it and gives it away to the neighbors!!! Filing this away for a rainy day (like this whole week!)

Here's something that I found one day while surfing around the mom sites, but I can't remember where I found it... Someone had saved old coffee grinds to let the kids play in... then put them on the garden. The girls (especially Ari who also loved sniffing them) had a great time, and Kylie enjoyed putting them around the plants. :) Who would have thought that something so simple could be so much fun?!

Ari decided to go over and check out the tree. Then, they started climbing it. Then, the best part... they discovered the sticky sap stuff... Then, they collected it... :)

The girls washed up and decorated their summer bags (got this idea from someone too and modified it with some canvas bags from Hobby Lobby ($4 but you can also wait until a sale). I love the pockets on these ones! They can use them at the library or for times when we have to wait somewhere. :) Like tomorrow at Weight Watchers! :) I was really impressed with Ari's ability to stay in the lines with the nail polish on the stamps! She's really pretty crafty- I hadn't noticed this before! Kylie wanted to do it all on her own and quickly- so fun how differently they craft! She is so creative and artistic! :)

We used all sorts of stuff from around the house... nail polish (our house was full of fumes! whew!), acrylic paint, left over glitter paint, stencils from teaching, stamps left over from regular scrapbooking, and some iron ons that we never ironed on! lol!

2 comments:

granny1 said...

Man, you have had a really busy day. Looks like everyone had lots of fun. Such good ideas. Do you think you will have enough ideas for all summer?

Annika said...

WOW...you always do the best stuff with your kids...I hope they know how blessed they are to have you as there mommy!!! Were do you get the energy from, can you please send me some?? :)