Monday, June 15, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday and Summer Officially Begins!!!

Ok, I got confused... I thought it was "copy cat week" this week, but it was actually "No Theme". Either way, our theme started with "Dump Trucks" and somehow ended up being "Making World-Winning Recipes"! Just goes to show that kids will come up with stuff that you would have never thought up! And, they loved it!! :)

I decided to copy this one from Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile. Her theme was about trucks. So, she filled the tin with stuff to load in a dump truck and "wheels".


Here are some pictures from our lunch...

I thought we would just improvise (because we don't have any dump trucks). So, I just got out some Lego vehicles, some string, and a clip that they could "haul things" with. Well, Kylie started out by doing this and then just rabbit trailed into dumping ingredients together. Then, the girls and I shared our "recipes" with each other. If the other two liked the recipe and gave it a thumbs up, it became a "World-Winning Recipe". It's amazing what they thought was good! The ingredients that they had to work with were: marshmellows, bacon bits (later for my recipe, i got these out), cheetos, raisins, crackers, Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese (which was new to all of us, and we all LOVED it!!! only 1 point for 1 wedge!!!), and cashews. I think this would definitely be a fun Muffin Tin to repeat with other "ingredients"!!

Today, we went over to one of the school's playgrounds. We love this one because it has moths to chase and an AWESOME playground! The best thing is that we have it ALL to OURSELVES!!! :) After our nap, we are going to decorate canvas bags for each of the girls to take their stuff in this summer and to use at the library... :)

6 comments:

Bran said...

no worries, I did the copy cat theme on purpose! I LOVED that they started mixing them together.

Michelle said...

So cute...looks like a lot of fun!

granny1 said...

That was really fun! The cups look like they work well. I wanted to ask you if you found the Laughing Cow, I got the Garlic and the Onion one and it is so good. I spread it on my bread and put turkey breast with it and can have a sandwick for only 165 calories. Good stuff.

Bobbi & Noe said...

I missed that muffin tin so I"m glad you copied it! I adore it so!

Michelle Gibson said...

This brings new meaning to the phrase "playing with your food!" Cute. :-)

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

That's okay, just link it up next week too!

I love how you improvised!