Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I got my Christmas presents for everyone except Jas and the girls. I need to figure out a place to print my Christmas cards quickly, but I don't want to have to go out... I need to have them shipped here. Online shopping is way better for most things. I do want to go soon to find a Christmas dress for the girls. Maybe I will try on Saturday after some of the crazies have gone home. I don't want to have to park 3 miles from the mall and freeze to get a good deal. Plus, I would need to have someone that loved to do that to motivate me to go.

Anyhoo... we did have some really happy times at Mom and Dad's too. Rather than to keep boring everyone, here's some pictures. :)


Here's something that Mom wouldn't have let me do when I was little... collect sleet from anything and everything to make "snow icecream" (and do it in barefeet with no coat on!)

Jas went to Tennessee on buisness for a couple days last Monday until Wednesday afternoon (when he had to leave early to come home to take us to PA)... I was so proud of him that he got invited to this special manager training!! Not a lot of people get this opportunity. So, the girls and I did some special stuff- snacks, a movie, sleeping in the same bed, painting fingernails etc... while he was gone.

Girls don't wrestle, they have kissing fights... :) The girls were just too cute doing this!!


Ari looked so cute on the window seat with the dog...
It snowed a lot Friday night and Saturday. The girls finally had their snow that they had been looking forward too. I knew they would be happy when I saw it coming down at the hospital. And, I'm so glad that God kept it from coming down until everyone was almost home.


Making a Snow Dog :)

Kylie had fun pulling the branches and watching the snow fall. Love how the camera focused on the snow in this picture.

Look how pretty she is!!
I love watching the dog run like crazy in the snow! They get as excited as little kids! :)


Ari did it this year without getting upset! :)

So pretty!!!

I love when snow sticks to everything!

I love the tall pines. Aren't they amazing?!

I love these two pictures!!! Here's the dog attacking Jas...

...and Jas attacking the dog. :)

Jas made two fires while we were there. We enjoyed this one together. And, the girls sat on the ground and then the stick chairs that Kylie constructed for the second one (while we were finishing up at the funeral dinner). He said they were so cute sitting there near the fire and coming up with a plan to help him find his way back to the fire if it got too dark to see when he was getting wood. (Kylie shouting to him.)


I moved this down to the bottom of the post so that something happier will be at the top...

Well, I will start this out depressing and then try to move to something that's happier. I actually can't bear to see that picture of my Grandma right now. So, I am trying to push it down with a new post. Everything was actually happy right after Grandma went to heaven. It was actually an amazing experience to watch someone pass from this life into a much happier one and imagine her seeing Jesus and her baby and Uncle John and everyone else that was already there. It was a relief after seeing her suffering. I prayed that Jesus would bless her by taking her quickly that night. Aunt Sis and I were crying so much and then relieved when it was finally done. Actually, things seemed ok until I went into her house and saw her things changed-her walker, bed, button neclace, the books that she had by the bed... It was all just too much. We came back home, and I have done practically nothing. I feel empty and cold. I feel like life is moving all around me, but I don't want to participate. I just want to sit here and not think about anything or see anything.

2 comments:

Therese said...

Hi friend, you are back :)

I´ve send you an email - talk to you later.

Unknown said...

I wish you great courage ...