Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I'm back! Wow! We're pooped! We have been running around like crazy for so many days. It was nice to be out at Mom and Dad's for the holiday in some ways. I was so glad that I could spend the night at Grandpa and Grandma's. It was so relaxing to just talk and slow down there. It was almost like being a kid again! I also got to stay overnight at my Aunt Barb's. I loved hearing stories about my Great Grandparents and giggling about the waterbed. I even slept in for the first time in forever! It was really fun to watch the girls opening their gifts too. I love that Kylie and my brother have become friends. Kylie loves to play anything rough with him (and to think that their friendship all started with him giving her a wedgie!) Ari said, "I'm not big enough to wrestle, but I can hug." So, he would stop playing rough every so often to give Ari a big hug. :) Just our family and Dad and Mom went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas one night. The girls danced to the Lawrence Welk Christmas Show, and Grandpa and Grandma thought that was so fun to watch. I heard them talking about Kylie dancing after they went to bed that night. Grandpa said that it would take a really great dancer to keep up with Kylie. I also got to hear Grandma and Grandpa tell each other that they loved each other before bed. Mom said that they do that every night. I think after 60 years, that is so sweet that they still always say, "I love you." We went to see Dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve.
After eating and chatting, we decided to go with my cousin and his wife to their Christmas Eve program. I have to say that, that was a huge highlight for me. I loved just singing the carols and praying and focusing on what really matters. They had candles for everyone to hold at the end. Ari was dozing off on my lap. So much of our family came, and it was just a wonderful way to spend the night. Ari believes in Santa. So, we waited to put out all the gifts until they were in bed. It was fun watching her check out all the presents for hers in the morning. She couldn't find one for me; so, she just said I could share hers. It was so nice to say the Christmas story verses with my brother AND my girls. Josh and I said all the parts that they didn't know, and they said the middle. Another thing that I had really been looking forward to! Of course, they had their heads buried in the carpet by Daddy's feet, but it was still very nice to share the tradition with them. :) Later, after pancakes, Mom, Dad, Josh, Laura, Aunt Sis, the girls and I all went to Grandma and pa's. We visited. Then, Aunt Sis and Mom went to Aunt Barb's house to open presents together while we took a nap. After our nap, we found out that Uncle John had passed away. Everything this Christmas has been overshadowed by the sadness of knowing that he was so sick. It seems like an aweful day for that to happen, but I felt better when Aunt Barb told someone that no day is a good day for that to happen. I was glad that I could be there to go to the funeral home and spend the night with Aunt Barbie. I still am sad, but it sure is comforting to know that he became a believer and is now with Jesus- breathing well again. My Aunt Barb is doing so well- better than a lot of us. She said that all the prayers are getting her through it. I was still so sad when we opened presents at our house on Friday. We didn't get very much for each other and the girls just a few presents that they would really love. We didn't worry about wrapping just had them turn around and get one at a time. It was a huge success. But, I was really sad that we were having presents while the funeral was going on back home. Then, Saturday, we went to Jason's parents' house. We had a delicious big breakfast with biscuits and gravy, sausage, and bacon. Jason's grandma came too. Then, we took turns opening presents. I got a cool hat that I love and my Wacom writing tablet for scrapbooking!!! Kylie especially loved her ball that she can sit and bounce on. Ari got some books that she liked as well as Pet Shop stuff- lots of it. So, we have been busy! Kylie came down with a fever and aches last night, and Jas and I didn't feel well this morning. So, we will see how New Year's will go... :) Lots of Love!

No comments: