Monday, September 14, 2009

Some Quotes

I LOVE quotes... I just love when someone can say something really meaningful in a short sentence. Anyway, I was hunting for a quote for a page I'm making when I came across these... :) I think most of them are by Dr. Seuss who had an amazing way with words!

"And that Yopp…That one small, extra Yopp put it over! Finally, at last! From that speck on that clover. Their voices were heard! They rang out clear and clean. And the elephant smiled. “Do you see what I mean?…They’ve proved they ARE persons, no matter how small. And their whole world was saved by the smallest of All!” “How true! Yes, how true,” said the big kangaroo.“And, from now on, you know what I’m planning to do?…From now on, I’m going to protect them with you!”And the young kangaroo in her pouch said…“…ME, TOO!”“From the sun in the summer. From rain when it’s fall-ish, I’m going to protect them. No matter how small-ish!”

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way."

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."-- Dr. Seuss

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

"One of the hardest things to teach a child is that the truth is more important than the consequences.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

1 comment:

Annika said...

Love quotes as well! And Dr.Seuss is the best! Thanks for these...might have to come back here when I need a quote!